Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee or IIT Roorkee (IITR) is one of the top universities in the country when it comes to engineering, basic, and applied research. Over the years, the institute has played a pivotal role in providing the nation with technical expertise as well as advancement in research. The Institute has made contributions to all aspects of technological advancement and is regarded as one of the top technological institutions in the world. Moreover, it has also been regarded as a trendsetter in the fields of science, technology, and engineering.
Courses Offered by IIT Roorkee
IIT Roorkee offers bachelor’s degree programs and integrated degrees in 11 engineering streams. Other IIT Roorkee courses include master’s degree programs in 23 disciplines in the fields of engineering, technology, architecture & planning, management, and computer application. The IIT Roorkee course admissions are based on the scores achieved in the national-level entrance exam.
IIT Roorkee Admissions
In order to apply online for admission to the courses offered by IIT Roorkee, candidates must visit the official website of the conducting body of entrance exams. Applicants must fill out the application form and pay the application fee per department (non-refundable), which is INR 200 for candidates in the General category, INR 100 for candidates in the SC, ST, and PD categories, and INR 200 for candidates in the Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) category.
Follow the steps for the application process below:
Go to the admissions tab on IIT Roorkee’s official website (www.iitr.ac.in).
Complete the registration form as a new user and provide all the necessary information.
Add your signatures to the application form.
Pay the application fee for the course online.
Submit the application.
IIT Roorkee Campus
IIT Roorkee is located in the Haridwar district of Uttarakhand state. The institute comprises two campuses. Two campuses make up the Institute. The major campus is in Roorkee, Uttarakhand, and the other is in Saharanpur, Uttar Pradesh, which is 50 kilometers distant. The Roorkee campus spans over 356 acres of beautifully planted, rich vegetation. Within this are a number of historic structures, contemporary academic divisions, twelve hostels, mess halls, a hospital, a school, banks, community centres, and indoor and outdoor sports facilities, including three sports stadiums, a contemporary swimming pool, yoga Bhawan, dairy, students’ clubs, and other structures.
IIT Roorkee Infrastructure
IITR has advanced infrastructural facilities to provide a good living experience to its students. It is a Wi-fi campus with other relevant facilities like healthcare, gym, ATM facility, and convenience store. There is a huge library with more than 8000 e-journals, 3,20,000 documents, CD-ROMs, online databases, audio-video material, theses, reports etc. The institute has separate facilities for hostels with 3 girls’ hostels, 10 boys’ hostels and 3 hostels for married students. Among other facilities, IITR has many cafeterias such as Nescafe, Alpahar and the University Canteen on campus.
Interesting Facts About IIT Roorkee
IIT Roorkee is one of the top management schools in India. The campus of the institute has some beautiful features. Here are some interesting facts about the institution:
- There is a glorious structure located in the middle of the campus, which represents the soul of the institute.
- Students with special needs also live at the institute. Every year during deaf and dumb awareness week, IIT Roorkee students visit the school to prepare the kids for their annual day.
- Every year, the students of the institute organize three fests namely Cognizance (Technical fest), Thomso (Cultural fest) and Sangram (Sports fest).
- Cognizance Technical fest: It is one of the largest technical fests in India conducted by the students of IIT. The 3-day fest includes lectures on pressing issues, informative workshops, and competitions to address the technical and managerial concerns of the industry.
- Thomso Cultural Fest: This is one of the biggest cultural festivals throughout Asia. It offers a platform for college students from various institutions to take part in activities including singing, dancing, acting, fashion shows, and much more.
- Sangram Sports Fest: This annual sports fest brings together sportsmen from all around the nation to contest for victory and excellence in sports.
- Mahatma Gandhi Central Library: More than 3,50,000 books and 15,000+ journals, and e-journals are included in this air-conditioned library.
- Business Conclave @DoMS IITR: Each year, numerous renowned speakers attend AVENIR, the annual business conclave of DoMS, IIT Roorkee.
We hope this article gave you useful insights into the grand IIT Roorkee, its campus, courses, infrastructure, and festivities. If you want to know more details about the institute’s admission process and entrance exams, visit our website CollegeSearch. It is an educational platform that connects students, colleges, and alumni. Visit to know more.